Sometimes you might have to deliver an order which includes alcohol. This can be quite intimidating because you are the one who has to check their IDs, which is a first for many people. Here’s what Deliveroo say in the matter:
- When you’re offered the order you’ll be shown whether it contains age-restricted items.
- When you arrive at the customer tap Check age and the app will ask you if they look over 25.
- If they look over 25 you can give them the order and mark it as delivered.
- If they look 25 or younger, or you’re not sure how old they are, follow the next steps:
- Ask the customer for ID to check they are over 18.
- Look at the ID Card and look at the person offering the ID Card to verify that it is the same person.
- Confirm it is a valid and acceptable form of ID.
- European Union photocard driving licence
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- Photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram
- National identity card issued by a European Union member state (other than the United Kingdom), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
- Biometric Immigration Document.
I hope this information helps.